Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The MTC

Dear Mom, Dad, Landon, & Savannah,                                                          Thursday October 2, 2014

                                                         
      Hey guys! It’s Thursday the 2nd today, but it feels like I’ve been gone so much longer.  The MTC is definitely a lot of work.  You basically start working at 6:30 am & keep doing so until 10:30 pm when we go to bed.  The only gusi-free time is when we eat, because we can’t study then (we aren’t allowed to bring anything but necessities into the cafeteria) & we get to sit by who we want.  Other than that, it’s pretty hard-core!  It’s a lot of fun seeing people I know around here though.  I saw Bethany (a girl from my seminary class) on Wednesday, & I saw Emily (one of my FHE (Family Home Evening) sisters from school) today in the cafeteria.   Little treats like that make being here much easier.  
     My companion is awesome! His name is Elder S...l & he’s from Spanish Fork.  He & I get along really well, we’re constantly joking with each other.  We practice the language a lot too.  They don’t give us much time for studying outside the classroom, so we try to squeeze it in wherever we can.  The spirit is really strong here, & that’s what makes all of the work bearable.  They bring in real investigators to the MTC for us to teach (& some role – players) some of them have the neatest stories.  I’ll be honest; sometimes it’s really hard not to cry at some of their stories.  
 Missionary Training Center in Provo Utah

The MTC is difficult, but it is growing on me.  I really can’t wait to get to the field though.  That’s what we’re all here for.  By the way, do you remember the guy we met at your old house in Capital Reef, Dad?  He’s the one that was going to Brasilia for his mission.  We exchanged E-mails, remember?  He just so happens to be my Zone Leader!  Small world, huh?
     Well, I love & miss you guys!  Landon & Savannah, keep trying hard in school.  It’s tough but if you endure to the end you WILL see the benefits.  Dad, good luck on your cutover this Sunday!  Mom, I want you to know that you’re a 100% super hero.  You do so much for all of us, you really are amazing.
This is my MTC mailing address:


Elder Sweet  Nov. 11 BRA-GOI
2009 N.  900 E.  Unit #132                                                                 Provo, UT  84602

     Also, if you find my camera cord please send it.  One more thing, could you look up the S.  Zip-Code?  Their address is ..... Newbury Park, CA.  I get to email people on Tuesday, so I’ll look forward to e-mailing you guys!


Love, Elder Logan Sweet
Click Below to watch a short video about the MTC (4 1/2 min)
The MTC Celebrates 50th Anniversary 


No comments:

Post a Comment