Friday, October 17, 2014

October 14, 2014 "It's going to be a short two years".

                                                         "Until he's done..."
Hey,   (mailed)
I'm so excited to write you!  I miss you so much!  I just got the brownies that you sent me, they're sooo good.  It's so nice getting your letters too, you have no idea how special it is hearing from home.  Thank you so much : )   Well let me tell you about my companion His name is Elder William A.  S.....  He's from Spanish Fork, Utah.  He reminds me a lot of Jonah.  He played football, baseball, and wrestling in High School.  He's 6'2" and hence much taller than me.  He and I get along super well.  The MTC is a lot of work and having a companion that I get along with & can joke around with is so helpful.  I don't know how boring people make it through here! :)  Well, I can't believe that this week is almost over!   The first several days crawled, but these ones have flown.  I'm starting to get the feeling that it's going to be a short two years.  Portuguese is coming well!  Meu Profesor novo tamben.  Sen nive e' de Brasil, e pode dezir Portuguese como os Brasileiros (porque e' de Brasil!)  Ele e' muito ben!  Translation;  "My Professor Brother S......, is super.  I have a new professor as well, his name is Brother M....do.  He was our first investigator. When we finished teaching him he began being our professor.  Brother M..... is from Brazil & he can speak Portuguese like the Brazilians (because he's from Brazil!)  He is really awesome!"  End Translation.  He's also super, super funny.  I'm constantly amazed at the quality & caliber of the professors they have here.  Brother M...do is only 22 years old.  He's married has a child due in December!  I'm not sure how old Brother S...... is but I'd guess between 21 & 25.  Both of them are such great teachers, have an excellent command of the language & have wisdom beyond their years in matters of the gospel.  On top of this, they're both students at BYU & have families to take care of & provide for.  I'm consistently amazed at these men & women that are working here.  I'm really growing to love the MTC.  My testimony is growing daily and my desire to serve the Lord grows daily.  Apparently I'm pretty funny too.  Several people that are in my zone have bumped into me in the cafeteria, looked at my name tag, & said "hey, you're that guy who's hilarious & laughs a lot, right?"  I think, I'm kind of weird, personally but if they want to say I'm funny then that's just fine. : ) 
I love you! Love, 
Elder Logan Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment