Monday, April 11, 2016

Increase In Faith

Hey guys!

   Anyway, the mission really is a learning experience.  It´s an environment in which we can apply the principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives in a way that, at least for me, I never had been able to do before.  Faith becomes something so much more real as you are put in situations in which it becomes so much more necessary to exercise it.  I´ve also come to truly appreciate the power of fasting.   Early in my mission I asked President K. how I could be a better junior companion, what are the most important things for a junior companion to do.  His response to me was "Fast and the Lord will tell you how to be a better Junior!"  Since then I´ve had to opportunity to apply this powerful principle over and over again.  I still haven´t gotten to the point that it´s easy, but I´m gaining a testimony of it´s power.  Recently when I perceived that my faith was not sufficient to do what was required of me, I fasted and the next day I felt and saw in my work a noticeable increase in my faith.  The fast truly is real, and as we seek to apply this principle in our lives we can be taught by the spirit in truly incredible ways.  

Got to go now, but I love you guys!

Love,
Elder Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment