Monday, April 18, 2016

He Was Put In My Path...Again

Hey there, família!  Como está tudo o mundo?  

   This week has been great!  Elder Z. and I have been working hard, and we´re seeing some progress!  We have two investigators that are progressing well!  One is W.  He´s a recent convert´s friend, and is preparing to be baptized on the 30th of April.  He´s reading the Book of Mormon and has already received a testimony that it´s true!  
That´s so awesome!

We´ve also got another investigator, his name is G.  He´s also preparing to be baptized on the same day.  He´s one of those investigators that came ready made out of the box.  I´m not sure exactly how, but he found out about seminary a couple days back and starting attending the classes.

What is Seminary?

 I was on a division with a newer missionary when we went to teach him for the first time this past week.  As we taught the restoration, he lit up and became very excited, especially about the Book of Mormon.  He said that he´d been wondering for some time which church he should join, and which one had the true teachings of Jesus Christ.  When we introduced the Book of Mormon to him as the tool to learn for himself if what we taught is true, he told us "I´ve been wanting to know which church is true for some time.  I started coming here because I thought that this is the one, but I didn´t know how to be certain.  Now I know!"  

It was so neat to see how the teaching of the gospel functions.  
We´re not here to convince anyone, simply to enable and equip them to discover the truth for themselves through the Holy Ghost.

We also went to a Zone meeting this past week in my old area, Ip, where I served with Elder M.  I love that area so much!  The areas in which you work the hardest are the ones that you love the most, it´s interesting how the work precedes the love.  Anyhow, after the meeting we were walking on a large avenue leaving the church, and there I ran into R!  Do you remember him?  He´s the Ex-investigator that I taught with Elder M. that I found again in the bus a few months back.  I didn´t even see him, but he saw me and called me over.  It really is incredible how the Lord guides us!  That´s the first time that I´ve returned to I. since October, and he was put in my path!  The Lord works wonders! (Read about it in the entry titled "In The Middle of a City with 4 Million Inhabitants..." - Dated November 9, 2015)

I´ve got to go now, but I love each one of you!  Thank you so much for your prayers and support!  Until next week!

Love,
Elder Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment