Monday, August 29, 2016

Signing Off For The Last Time

Things are going great! I got back from my last divisions yesterday in R. V.!  We went to Stake Conference there, it was fantastic, I got to see several of the members that I knew when I served there, it was a fun experience!  
We moved to a new house!  I´m only going to sleep there 3 or 4 nights, but it´s going to be great for the next assistants and secretaries.  It´s very big, it has 5 bedrooms, a kitchen, another center room, and 4.5 bathrooms.  It´s pretty great!  Also, Elder C, my old companion, will be the next Assistant to the President.  He´ll be great!
G. was baptized this weekend, he´s a fantastic young man, he´s about 17 years old, and has a strong testimony of the gospel.  He says that he was deeply touched by the plan of salvation, and he has a testimony of the book of Mormon.  If he continues firm, he´ll be a great missionary!  Several of our other investigators will be baptized this next transfer.  We currently have 5 investigators with baptismal dates, so I´m very excited to see how they progress in the next few weeks!  When we got here in this area, there wasn´t anything.  There weren´t investigators, addresses, people with baptismal dates, nothing.  We´ve really turned things around this transfer.  Now we have 8 progressing investigators, and 5 have baptismal dates during the next several weeks.  The Lord has helped us tremendously!
 During my mission I´ve gone from believing to knowing that Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I´ve gained a far more personal testimony of the power of the atonement, the reality of the Lord´s sacrifice, and the eternal value of what He has done.  My gratitude for Him is so much greater now, and I can testify without hesitation of the healing and enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.   
The mission´s a tough experience, but all of the hardships seem to fall into the category of overcoming myself.  This is also a good description of discipleship, turning from doing our will to doing the will of God.  This is something that I´m still struggling with, but I´m sure that in the coming years and decades the Lord will continue to help me with this as He has up till now.
I love you all a ton!  Thank you so much for all of your support!  I´m very excited to see each of you on Friday.
I love you all!
Elder Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment